Blogger Layouts

Monday, July 29, 2013

Pretty Little Ladies

    I want to share with you a delightful little treat box from the Cutting Cafe today.  It's a darling nail polish box that you can use for friend, a party favor, a spa date, whatever you can think of.  I made mine for my little nieces.  They all live a distance from me so I send them little things in the mail so they will remember their Aunt Mary Anne.  (Yes, yes, it's a bribe - so what? lol)  I have become their favorite Auntie because of this little practice, I mean what child (adult) doesn't love getting something fun in the mail?

    I made a little shabby chic nail polish treat box for each of my nieces and put an inexpensive bottle of nail polish inside each one.


     This is an incredibly simple file to use.  I cut mine on my Cricut but it can easily be cut by hand.  In fact, I am going to cut out one later this evening and use my own little front feet to do it.  I am making the next nail polish box out of glitter paper and don't like to use my Cricut for that.  For this box I dry embossed the lid to give it some interest and distressed the edges before adding a little organza bow and a tiny ribbon rose.  I told you it was very simple but so charming.

    Here's a pic of all there of the boxes together.  Each of the girls has a different shade of nail polish.  The center bottle wasn't dry embossed so that a set of sisters could tell their boxes apart.  Can't have any sibling squabbling.


     If this doesn't please you, the Cutting Cafe has a second box made especially for nail polish that has a little spot to add a nail file.  I am saving that for later in the year.  Who says you can't use the same gift twice, especially if it comes in a spiffy box, not my nieces, that's for sure.

Cutting Cafe nail polish box template
Paper, Ribbon, Flowers - Stash
Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick


2 comments:

  1. Mary Anne, these are just wonderful. I thought I did not need a Cricut but after seeing something so cute, I am really second-guessing myself. Thanks for sharing. I will be anxious to see how they turn out when hand cut. Which Cricut do you have?

    ReplyDelete