Blogger Layouts

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Two of Mice

      I was part of a very fun Altered Playing Card swap on my House Mouse list last month.  I have never actually altered a playing card before even though that's where ATC's (altered trading cards) got there start.  I have done a bunch of ATC's but this is my first APC.

   Since this was an altered playing card swap.  I thought I'd keep playing cards as my theme.  I sanded the glossy finish off my card and dry brushed some paint over it.  Then stamped my little mousie prints.  I went over the 2's on the cards with red stickles and added heart rhinestones over the hearts on the cardes.  The little squeak stickers were from some alphabet stickers that have been sitting in my gold box forever.  I went through my mouse stamps to find a little mouse that would work in the space I had and stamped, colored, and fussy cut it then glued it to my card.  Finally I distressed the edges of the entire card with some red distress ink.  It looks simple and was fun to make but has lots of interest, textures and layers.  Hope my partner likes it.

House Mouse Stamps
Playing Card
Stickles - Candy Cane
Recollections Rhinestones
Gold and Silver Acrylic Paint
Mahogany Distress Ink
Alphabet Stickers - Stash

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love how you used the stickles too.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love what you came up with. This was a really fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this swap was so much fun!

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, love what you did with the card. Hearts look great too.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete