Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Just Beautiful

     As soon as this paper came into the shop, I knew I wanted to make some cards out of it and possibly a scrapbook layout.  This is the fist card I created.  I really like the colors on these papers, yellows, grays and oranges.  I think they look really classy so I decided to go with a more elegant style card.

     I used my octagon spellbinders and scalloped octagons to go along with the honey comb shapes on the papers.  Because bee's love flowers I used a rose flowered embossing folder for the yellow mat and added some pretty orangish silk flowers.  I used organza instead of vines or leaves this time and really like that effect.  I also got carried away a bit with the bling on this card.  I added Stickles ice to the bee wings and yellow Stickles to their bodies and the yellow honey comb paper.  I also added liquid pearls to the scallops and they look very pearly and shine pretty in person.  I also fussy cut several sizes of bees that I stamped on to cream paper.  The large bees are from a unknown stamp company and the little bees match them very well and are from a different company.

    In the next two days, I will have a couple more cards I created using paper from this same line.

Design Paper - Authentique
Bee Stamps - Pink Paisleee
Stickles - Ice and Yellow
Dollar Store Ribbon
Silk Flowers from Hobby Lobby
Viva Yellow liquid pearls
Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Embossing Folder
3M foam Tape

2 comments: