Blogger Layouts

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Queen Bee

     Here's another of the cards I made using that snazzy Authentique paper. I really went all out on the bling for this card I used almost everything in my sparkly arsenal, rhinestones, pearls, glitter, I only left off the shimmer mist, mostly because I just now thought of it.

     I used lots of die cuts and fussy cutting for this card and six different stamps.  I think I just may have made the most layered card I have ever created counting all the different die cuts as layers and my sister will count them.  She  always counts the layers on her cards.  Maybe someday, I'll send her a card with only one layer and send her into shock, that is if I can remember how.

     This card isn't actually intended for my baby sister but for my sister of the heart, who is absolutely the queen bee wherever she goes.  She hasn't received a card for me in a bit and definitely needs one soon.

     As you can see I fussy cut the bees even the teeny-tiny ones, the crown and the flourish frame and queen stamp.  Everything else is from Spellbinders, I used there pennant borders and my current favorite labels die.  Everything is edged in Adironcack ink or except the crown and the yellow border which are done with Lemonade Distress Inks.  The bees have lots and lots of glitter and the are just totally shimmer in person unfortanely all the glitter on the bees and the crown just doesn't photograph well.  If someone could give me a few tips on photographing glitter, I would love it.

     I know this cards very buzzy, I mean busy with all the different patterns and embnellishments and images but I think its definitely going to be one of my all time favs.

Authentique Design Paper
Pink Paislee Stamps
Adirondack Ink
Black Stazon Ink
Lemonade Distress Ink
Prisma Colored Pencils and OMS
Stickles
Recollections Rhinestones
Viva Liquid Pearls
Spellbinder Dies

1 comment:

  1. I would have been so proud had I been able to make such a card! I love the colors and how all the elements come together on this card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete