Blogger Layouts

Friday, August 2, 2013

Retro Tropics

     Hi, I  here with a fun beach themed card.  I was feeling the summer and wishing I was out on the beach longing for my childhood on Oahu when I created today's card.  It has a retro feel to it, kinda a Gidget goes Surfin' sort of thing,

    It uses a fun stamp called Hanging Flip Flops and some old style Hawaiian papers that I have been saving for just the right card.  I added a bit of burlap, some of my fav polka dots and a bit of distressing and here you have it.


     I used  the "With the Right Flip Flops You Can Do Anything" sentiment on the inside and it's ready to hit the mailbox.  Don't forget if you are interested in any of the stamps I used today, you can just surf right over to the Great Impressions shop and pick them up for yourself.

     I also have to share with you a photo of my helper Opal Ann.  She decided to get into the picture when I was trying to photograph my card.  She cannot resist the cloth backdrop, or a pile of design paper, or a new card, or a pile of embellishments, basically anything on the desk. I think she also is a bit of a ham or in this case Spam.  Aloha



Stamps - Great Impressions E797 Hanging Flip Flops
                                           E798 Can Do
Colorbok - Sun and Sand Design Paper Pad
Tim Holtz - Marmalade Distress Ink
Stazon - Black Ink
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Burlap - Joanns
Sharpie White Paint Pen
3 M Foam Tape

2 comments:

  1. Opal is such a cute little spam !

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the texture in the burlap! And the bright colors are fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete