Blogger Layouts

Friday, August 30, 2013

Shimmering Sunflowers

Today's card is a beautiful fall card using a wonderful image from Great Impressions, sunflower boughs.  I just received this image and I have been having tons of fun with it.  It colors up in so many different and beautiful ways.  For this card, I embossed the image with gold and then painted it with iridescent water colors.  It just shimmers even with out direct light.

I also used some new Spellbinder dies.   After layering these die cuts in alternating colors I felt this card really didn't need any other embellishments, which is very unusual for me.


I'm thinking that I will be using this image as a gift tag later in the year for some Thanksgiving favors.  I can already picture it with some vibrant fall colors, after all all sunflowers are not just yellow and brown.  I have grown some lovely smaller sunflowers as a garden fence that were delightful shades of red, rust, gold, and orange with beautiful shading.  I think I'm going to have to try that out with this pretty image.  So, don't be surprised to see this turn up again later in the fall season.

Great Impressions Sunflower Bough
Bazzil Card Stock
Stargazer watercolors
Mustard Distress Ink
Versamark Embossing Ink
Tim Holtz Old Gold Embossing Powder
Spellbinder Majestic Labels 25

No comments:

Post a Comment