Blogger Layouts

Monday, September 2, 2013

Crown Jewels

      Here's my last card in my three card collection using the Authentique Majestic design paper.  By the way, I am not connected to Authentique in any way.  I just happen to LOVE their papers.  They are one of my very favorite paper lines along with EK Success and Graphic 45.  

     Since this card was going to be a continuation of the Queen Bee theme I opted to go with just the crowns for this card and really go overboard with the flourish.  I mean if your wearing a crown ostentatious  is the way to go.  I think when I send it I will use some lyrics from one of my favorite Casting Crowns songs.  They are one of my favorite bands right now.




     I used lots of layers and a new set of Spellbinder dies that I just love.  Lately I have been blessed with several new Spellbinder dies thanks to my sweet Johnny Luv.  I used lots of patterns and flourishes to give this card a really rich and intricate look.  The crown is a Pink Paislee stamp and I just pulled it out for the first time after having it for quite a while in my stash.  I think it's going to be a favorite for a while.  I love embellishing it with liquid pearls, rhinestones, and Sickles.  The smaller crown was cut from the design paper and covered in Ice Stickles and then popped on some Spellbinder layers.

      If you are interested in any of these cards, I will be doing a class on them at For Keepsakes in St. Louis County, MO on September 18th.

Pink Paislee Stamps
Authentique Design Papers - Majestic
Straw and Marmalade Distress Ink
Spellbinders Splendid circles,  A2 Filigree Delight, Circles Dies
Recollections Rhinestones
Viva Liquid Peals
Stickles


1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness, this is so fabulous! Definitely vintage/shabby chic feeling and I adore the soft colors you used! Just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete