Blogger Layouts

Friday, September 6, 2013

Oriental Autumn

     Today's is Friday and that means it's Great Impression day.  I have another beautiful autumn colored card for you today but it's something very different for a fall card.  I used a lovely oriental landscape that I colored for fall.  Later I will be posting another version of this landscape that I did for spring.

   

     After coloring in this landscape, I added lots of stickles  to the tree leaves which add a delightful sparkle.  I just had to have some sparkle or glitter somewhere on a card.  There is also a little sparkle added to the river current.

     When I first colored this image, I knew I had some fall colored Washi papers in my stash but I wasn't sure exactly what they looked like.  I was driving somewhere in the Smokey mountains when I colored this image and didn't have access to my papers.  As soon as I arrived home I started laying the image out on different papers till I found that one that best complimented it.  I think this card finished with a simple feel which is so typical of the Japanese.

This card used the J97 Asian Scenery

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the Asia feel of your card. Everything works together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing card, I just love the colours and the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and card design.

    Regard diane

    ReplyDelete