Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sewing Fairies

     I almost forgot to post this project.  I am really proud of the way it turned out.  I love working with the new product's I have found at Gina Design's.  The spool and the fairies both came from her shop.

     This spool has loads of details so I'm going to have to put up several pictures of it.  I have used homemade flowers, a banner created with washi tape, pearls, and skewers, a dress form created from honeycomb paper, bits and pieces of a traveling sewing kit, stencils and modeling cream, chipboard bits and pieces and I cannot think of what all else I have included.

   
Here are some closeups of the top


and here are some closeups of the bottom



 I forgot to take pics of the other size and right now it's on display at For Keepsakes as a demo for Gina Designs products.  I cannot wait to bring this back home.

By the way, don't you just love that paper, I think I'm going to have to get some more just because.  Oh and the measuring tape is actually washi tape that I backed with the same tape.  Can you see the stenciled wire on the bottom of the spool?  It's also on the top.  I used the same pearlized modeling paste on the chipboard fairies and then added some paint and distress ink for color.

My supply list is just to numerous to list on this one but if you have a question just ask, I'll be happy to answer.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, where were you when I hosted an altered spool. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it Mary Ann you are so creative and awesome. love ya katmouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! & WOW! Love everything about this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, goodness gracious! You are way too talented for words :) Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOW that is amazing! I pinned this, hope that is OK! I really like the spool idea and the dress form! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is so fabulous! I love all the bits and pieces. Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are a rockstar lady! awesome! are those faires a die or chipboard? HUGS!

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fairy Godmother! Glad to have you stop in to say Hello today! Love this great creation...so fun to spot all the little fairies you added and tucked in everywhere! To answer your question-no the zombie hands are a Silhouette file. :(

    ReplyDelete