Blogger Layouts

Friday, September 27, 2013

Spooky Tree Tag

 I have been having tons of fun making up Halloween tags for party favors this week and thought I share a favorite with you. Since today is Friday and Great Impressions day on the blog,  his tag uses the  Great Impressions Spider Tree stamp to great effect.  The tag itself was colored with the direct to paper method using distress inks.  Then I accidentally spilled a glass of water on it.  When the tag tried it was awesome, perfect for Halloween.  I was always told accidents are an opportunity for art and boy did that saying prove true.

I stamped the spider tree in black Versafine ink so I could get really good definition of the spiderwebs.  Next, using a black marker, I colored in the base of the tag to ground  the image.  Clear Stickles were used on the webs only.  The entire tag was then sponged with more black ink and I punched a few tiny bats out using a corner punch and added them to the scene.  Lastly, I added some neat Halloween colored fibers and a ribbon.

Great Impressions H202 Spider Tree
Versafine Black Ink
Marmalade And Soot Distress Ink
Le Plume Black Marker
Ice Stickles
Dollar Store Fibers and Ribbon
Office Max Shipping Tag

1 comment:

  1. Very spooky tree! I love the silhouette against the orange background!

    ReplyDelete