Blogger Layouts

Friday, October 11, 2013

Cobweb Caller

      Happy Friday to you all.  I love Friday posts.  Everyone loves Friday and to make it even better it's Great Impression Day. I'm bringing you a card that is waaay different for me.  It's black and white. I don't think I have ever done a black and white card.  I was inspired by the cobweb phone stamp.  It made me think of old black and white movies. I just love old movies and for some reason the cobweb phone image makes me think of Arsenic and Old Lace, probably because of Gary Grant's phone calls.



     The cobweb phone was stamped and embossed to get a wonderfully dark black image.  The backgrounds are all embossed white card stock that has been distressed.  In fact, anything white has been distressed to give it an old grungy feel.  I used a  pen to add black dots this time (I'm still on a polka dot kick.)  I also added a few of this years favorite embellishments, tiny spiders, they go great with the cobwebs on the phone.  Since this needed just a pop of color to make the entire card shine, I added a glittered confetti boo.

    I've done lots of Halloween cards lately (like you didn't know), but the kids are really taken with this one for some reason.  They are my best critics and I refer to them all the time for advice on colors, embellies and design.  In fact, my 16 year old son is a pretty good card maker in his own right.

Great Impressions Cobweb Phone
Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities
Signo Black Pen
Versafine Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Ink - Soot
Party City Spiders
Walmart Glitter Confetti
Dollar Store Black Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment