Blogger Layouts

Monday, November 4, 2013

Tagging Along

     It's a new month and time for a new challenge on the Great Impressions Blog.  This month the challenge is a Christmas card or Tag.  You have all month to play along for a chance too win a $20 gift certificate to the Great Impressions Store.  I have to tell you all how much I enjoy checking out all the entries.  I try and check everyday and totally love all the wonderful inspiration.  To play a just pop on over to the Great Impressions Blog and add your card or tag to the Challenge post with the Mr. Linky widget

      This month I chose to do a tag.  As all of you know, I love to make tags and Christmas tags are one of my all time favorite things to create.  I used the Snowy Fun stamp to create this one.



     This tag started life as a cardboard box.  I cut off a piece pulled off the first layer to give me the corrugated middle section to work with.  I then cut the cardboard into a tag shape and dry brushed it with white acrylic paint.  The snowman and sentiment are all one stamp that I colored and cut apart.  The individual pieces were mounted onto red and then black card stock.  I wanted more embellishment some I made a bunch of die cut snowflakes and glued them onto the tag before I glued on my stamped pieces.  I added some pearl stems from some old Christmas picks some adhesive rhinestones and some stickles and ta-da Snowy man tag.

Snowy Fun Great Impressions Stamp
Spellbinders Create a Flake Dies
Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones
Ice Stickles
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Pearls from Michaels Christmas Pick (Bought on Clearance)
Bazzill And Georgia Pacific Cardstock
Ribbon from Scrap jar
American Acrylic Paint
3M Foam Tape

3 comments:

  1. wow this is fab love the little images angled and the texture feel
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your talent is inspiring. I'm always amazed by your work. So much to look at with this tag, yet it's all balanced so well. You rock, Mary Anne!

    ReplyDelete