Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Winter Wonderland

I have been wanting to try out a new die from Memory Box and some new images from Wild Rose and when I put them together, I think I came up with the perfect Christmas Card. I love the way the snowy border works with this snow filled scene.  I added a couple extra snowflakes for more interest.  I added liquid snow for more snowflakes and to give the trees a snow covered appearance.  I also added Stickles to give the snow some frosty shine.


The darling little girl all dressed in red and white looks warm and toasty in her flower soft bedecked hat and dress trim doesn't she?  I have popped the girl, the birds and the sled as well as the puppy to give this card more dimension and the frame is popped also.  I added a little bakers twine for the sled rope and mounted the entire scene on some wonderful red polka dots and lovely green Christmas paper.

If you would like to see this card in person, it's a sample at For Keepsakes in St. Louis, my favorite stamp and scrapbook store and where I am lucky enough to work my dream job, meeting other crafters and creating cards.

Wild Rose Stamp
Memory Box Die Cuts
Snow Writer Pen
Ice Stickles
Prisma Pencils and OMS

4 comments: