Blogger Layouts

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Frosted Flakes

Time for the Great Impressions Monthly Challenge and this months challenge is glitter and or sequins.  The winner of the challenge will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Great Impression Store. To enter simply create a card using glitter and or sequins and link it up to or challenge post on the Great Impressions Blog.

Here's my inspiration for the challenge.  It was inspired by a card I received from a friend at work.  She gave me a darling card using this fold with a cute wreath on it.  I have to give her the credit for this card.

I couldn't flatten the card for a picture of the front, but you can see how it should lay.



When it's open, you can see the folds and the hidden sentiment.



     I used plain card stock to create this card and stamped the Great Impressions gorgeous snowflake wreath on my top circle using blue Brilliance ink, which I then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I also highlighted the wreath with icicle Stickles.  I used Spellbinders ornate dies to create the circle mats for the image and sentiment which came from the Great Impressions Snow Fun stamp.  All the blue cardstock was distressed with the Brillance inks which really gave it a finished look.  

     I used white card stock using Cuttlebugs Snowflake embossing folder to create my background and lightly went over that with the same blue ink.  All of the snowflakes on the background are covered in ice Stickles as are the Spellbinder Die Cut snowflakes.  As a final touch I added silver sequins to the center of my snowflakes and dotted them with a bit of pale blue liquid pearls.

     Great Impressions wanted glitter and let me tell you this card sparkles all over the place.  It will be going out Monday to my daughter who just received snow up where she is attending college.  I have to say, it tickles me pink that my children still want cards from their mom even when they are twenty somethings.

Making Memories Pale Blue Card Stock
Georgia Pacific White Card Stock
Spellbinders, Circle, Ornate Circle, and Snowflake Dies
Stickles - Icicle 
Brilliance Light Blue Ink
3 M Foam Tape
Sequins from stash
Pale Blue Liquid Pearls

3 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING! Love the diecuts and embossing. That blue is so perfect for the winter look too! I'm now a follower, love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO gorgeous, Mary Ann!!! LOVE all the beautiful layers and I adore the simple color scheme--this is just fabulous! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week!!! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete