Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 13, 2013

Not a Cheap Skate

Great Impression Friday is here and this week all the design team members are making tags.  I know, you know, I love tags, this has been a great week for me, cards and tags everywhere.

I used Great Impressions darling D267 Ice Skating Murray for my tag.  I wanted this tag to be ornament as well as a tag.  Many of my tags do tend to end up on my family and extended families Christmas trees.  This one is to commemorate my youngest daughter's passion for figure skating.  In fact, he may be sneaking his way into her lunch bag with a little treat.


Each and every layer of this tag is popped up on dimensional tape.  The top layer with D 267 Ice Skating Murray has been colored with Prisma pencils and OMS and has a thick layer of icicle stickles on the bottom and it really looks like sparkling ice.  I also added a line of gold stickles around a couple of the layers to give it even more glitz afterall, when it comes to Christmas, it's all about the glitter.

I used a pad of Christmas paper I've been saving since last year. (Remember to hit those after Christmas clearance sales that's when I really stock up for the following year.)  I colored Ice Skating Murray's scarf and gift to match the paper.  I always choose my stamp, then my papers, then I match my coloring to the papers I have chosen.  I know that seems obvious but some people (me) take a while to figure that out.  Matching paper to finished art work is a definite chore.

See you back here next Friday, for one last Christmas Card for Great Impressions before the Season changes.  In the mean time, check out the Great Impression Blog for some wonderful Christmas tags created by my teammates.

Hugs and Blessings.


Great Impression Stamps - D267 Ice Skating Murray
Stickles - Icicles, Gold
3 M Foam Tape
Stazon Ink
Prisma Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
DCWV Tis the Season Paper Stack

3 comments:

  1. This turned out awesome! I love using Prisma Pencils.
    KUDOS to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your call DT!! Is it still open??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. I love how you layered everything then put your image on top!

    ReplyDelete