Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 20, 2013

Outlines of Christmas

     It's Great Impressions Friday and I have my final Great Impressions Christmas card for you today.  I have used the K40 Poinsettias and Berries and H190 Vintage Holly  one more time.  Can you tell that I am really loving these two stamps?  Guess so, I know you've seen a lot of them but I think each time they were presented with very different looks.

      For this final time, I stamped H190 Vintage Holly in green over white card stock for a simple yet vibrant background.  I added a some deep red Stickles to the berries to really make it pop. I also stamped K40 Poinsettias and Berries in green and then again in red for my focal image.  I cut the red image out and layered it over the green adding some gold Stickles for the center of the flowers and some more red Stickles to the holly.  Usually if I stamp an image I either color it in or paper piece it but not this time.  The only other color added to this card is some faux red stitching around both layers.



          This is probably my last Christmas card for the season.  Time is getting short and I haven't finished all of my Christmas projects yet.

      Until later Merry Christmas

Great Impression Stamps K40 Poinsettias and Berries and H190 Vintage Holly
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mowed Lawn and Barn door
Stickles Red and Gold
Tim Holtz Distress Marker Barn door
3M Foam jtape
Georgia Pacific Card Stock

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Anne, just wanted to pop over to say thank you for the lovely comments you left on my two inky tags that I have entered into the GI challenge. A lovely compliment so thank you very much. I loved this card as soon as I saw in on the GI blog, beautiful stamping from you and it's not cluttered, if that makes sense, such beautiful colours and I love the stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab graphic card. You really nailed that balance between image and white space. It really stands out!

    ReplyDelete