Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 27, 2013

Sweet as Apple Pie

     Now that Christmas is over I need to make some thank you cards so I thought I would start with this cute stamp from Great Impressions.  It's Great Impressions F419 Sweetie Pie.  It was the inspiration for the entire card.  I knew I wanted to use a red gingham paper with this stamp and then I decided I needed another image to fill in the center of the card so I chose Great Impressions  D379 Apple Pie.

     Both images turned out perfect for the card but they needed something to make them stand out from the checks in red gingham.  White wasn't it but blue definitely did the trick.  From there, the entire card sort of went onto a patriotic country theme with the red, white and blue and apple pie.  Maybe having my soldier home for the holidays has influenced me a bit.


 Stamps Great Impressions F419 Sweetie Pie and D379 Sweetie Pie
Martha Stewart Border Punch
DCVW Design Paper
Prisma Pencils  & OMS
Dollar Store Ribbon
Dollar bin Adhesive Jewels
Stickles Crystal
Stazon Black Ink
3M Foam Tape
Generic Card Stock

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, especially the cheerful red, white and blue. The added rhinestones are a super cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great! :) I'm going to try to comment on your personal blog in addition to the GI blog throughout the coming year. HUGS and happy new year! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete