Blogger Layouts

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ticket to see Santa

I told you that I had a second card make with the super Santa stamp from Deep Red on Thursday, well today is the day I unveil card number two.  Drum roll please....


   So do you like it?  I hope so.  I'm really proud of this card.  The Santa image in the center was stamped twice and cut out and layered over the original along with the two Christmas tickets from another set of Red Rubber Design stamps.  I colored it with pencils but left bits unfinished.  I also added green glitter to the swirls and the holly on Santa's brow.  I also added some white swirled highlights to the stamped background using a white sharpie  The background papers were all distressed and then inked with red.  All the stitching is faux stitching.  I don't have my sewing machine in a convenient location so I do this a lot.  This time I used a red Signo pen to create the stitching.    The greenery on the side is the same Petaloo foliage I used on the previous card.  I also added a stick pin  next to the tags for a bit more of that vintage feel.  The red berries on the background holly are also glittered with red Stickles.

      I learned a long time ago from a class instructor when I was just beginning to make cards that everything is in the details so I am always making sure to add those.  (Thank you Nancy W. if your reading this).

     As with the last card, if you would like to examine this one in person, it's a sample for For Keepsakes in St. Louis.  Can I just say, I LOVE my job.  It's wonderful to be around such crafty people, both my fellow workers and customers.

Deep Red Rubber Stamps
Barn Door Red Distress Ink
Signo Pe, Red
Sharpie White Paint Pen
Prisma Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Dimensional Tape
Paper piercing Tool
Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
Stickles, Red and Green
Petaloo Greenery with Pearls

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! love the layers!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo does not do this card justice. All 3 with Red Rubber Design stamps are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne this is so pretty! I love the background paper and the sewing adds a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete