Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 13, 2014

Cupcake High

     Here's the last of my House Mouse Birthday cards.  This is a new mouse for me.  I love that they now come in cling back.  This means more room for more mice.   This little mousie is obvioussly very excited by all the party excitement.  It reminds me of when my own little mice, I mean children, would wind themselves up in anticipation of their birthdays.


     I kept the image kinda simple for this card.  No, popping at all.  After I colored the mouse and the cupcake, I added snow writer for the icing and some faux sprinkles and paper pieced the cupcake wrapper.
The entire image was then distressed with old paper distress ink and then edged in scattered straw.  Then I popped it.  Hey, I had to pop something somewhere.  The fancy frame is mounted directly onto the polka dot paper and then that layer is popped.  I added some white polka dots to the edge of this card and cut a piece of the design paper for the sentiment.

     This isn't the actual card I made for class.  This was the FIRST card, which I have lost somewhere in my creative space.  I have been through the entire room and put most of it back in order and still cannot find it so I ended up having to make a second card for the class demo.

   The second card is very similar to the first except that I used a magenta paper for the background and a striped mat behind the polka dots.

I am entering this card in the Monday House Mouse Challenge Here

Stampendous House Mouse Stamp
Splash of Color Celebration Design Paper Collection
Bazzill Card Stock
Snow Writer
Spellbinders Die
Prisma Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Tim Holtz Old Paper, Scattered Straw and Dusty Concord Ink
Stazon Black Ink
Sharpie White Paint Pen
Recollection Gems
Sprinkles from Stash

15 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. Love the sprinkles and of course the mouse jumping on the cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh this is adorable with the mouse jumping into the yummy cupcake.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card! I love the image and the icing looks sooooo yummy! :D
    Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary Anne, I love this little guy too, he just exudes excitement and fun. It's a great birthday card. Love all the colors and patterns and textures. Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, card, Mary Anne! I love your matching die cuts, and that cupcake is making me hungry! it looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome, I love it, wow, I am impressed Sweetie, hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image and card; love the colors you used. Thank you for playing along with the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Vickie Y, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you know me MaryAnne...Meece + polka dots make the perfect card hands down! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse Challenge. Marlene GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dimension and textures. Love the colors and coloring, Fabulous design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good Luck and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card MaryAnne, a great design and fabulous colours & papers...........our fun image is just adorable!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at House Mouse & Friends Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! if you enjoy these cute images you might want to pop over and join in with our challenge
    http://gruffiesandguests.blogspot.co.uk/
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary Anne this sweet guy sure is hopping mad for this cake.. love the colours & design..Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card MaryAnne :-) I have just made a card using this image so had to pop over when I saw the thumbnail :-) I love the way you did the icing ,,, looks good enough to eat ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s ,, will blog my card next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours you have used for your 'sweet' card...the icing looks great.
    Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete