Blogger Layouts

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Elegant Cyclist

Today, I have another lovely Victorian style stamp from Deep Red Rubber.  This is a third in a series for me and part of a card class at For Keepsake in St. Louis.

I just love the Victorian era (as long as I don't really have to live there).  I love the tea, the gowns, the architecture, the manners and so much more.  I live in St. Louis, the home of some of the most beautiful Victorian houses in St. Louis and the subject of some lovely table top album books.  So when I find something that fits in with that passion especially a stamp, my addiction kicks in and more rubber comes into the craft room to live.

The card for today has a lovely lavender design paper that I think reminds me of the old wallpapers from that era.  I have also added some lovely die cuts that carry on the Victorian scroll work theme and some beautiful paper lace.


I used muted pencils to color in the image so that she matched the older feeling of a vintage print.   And of course, any Victorian lady would never be without her pearls and ribbons so I had to add some of that in as well.  I even added a tiny pearl pin to her blouse bow.    

This card as usual for me has many different layers all popped up with dimensionals.  

Cream Puff Bazzil Cardstock
Marianne Anja DScroll Dies
Cheery Lynn Anastasia Lace Die
Prisma Color Pencils and OMS
Dollar Store Ribbon
Recollection Adhesive Pearls



No comments:

Post a Comment