Blogger Layouts

Saturday, January 11, 2014

In The Conservatory

     Happy Saturday to you.  Any Saturday that includes stamping is a happy Saturday, don't you think?  Today, I have a Vintage Card using Deep Red Rubber stamps. To create the vintage feel I used a lovely vintage design paper with distressed roses and a solid matching pink and Some cream card stock cut with a wonderful Spellbinders die.

     The image Victorian Evening Dress along with this die makes me think of a young lady taking a break from a packed ballroom in the conservatory of some beautiful Victorian mansion.


The Victorian Evening Dress was stamped twice, once on cream card stock and colored with Prisma Pencils and once on pink design paper.  I cut out the design paper dress and glued it to the fussy cut image of the young lady.  The entire image was then popped on to the cream mat.

To make the cream die cuts really stand out, the center die cut is popped with triple tape and the background die cut is only popped once.  That gives the two die cuts clear definition.  The seem binding bow in the corner was triple tied and then artfully glued along the edges of the card.  Finally I added a few adhesive pearls to the die cuts to give it a more elegant Victorian feeling.

This card will be the second in a class I will be scheduling sometime in February at For Keepsake in St. Louis.  You can find the first card in the class series here

Prisma Pencils and OMS
Hug Snug Seem Binding
Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28
Kaisecraft Key to My Heart Design Paper Collection
Stazon Black Ink
Queen and Company Adhesive Pearls
Bazzil Card Stock
3M Foam Tape

1 comment:

  1. Hi Genghis Mom...I like that.
    Thank you for commenting on my tag that I entered into the Great Impressions challenge. So I came to take a look...I LOVE THIS CARD!!! how beautiful!!! So pretty and delicate and glorious. Great job!!!
    Hey, we used to live in St. Louis and our son still lives there...great town!!!

    ReplyDelete