Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 27, 2014

Love Note

     I'm back with those charming little House Mouse stamps this week.  I  have pulled three favorites for a series again.  This time with a Valentine theme.  Today's is a sweet little love note.


     Because the stamp has the sweet little love letter, I decided to use some love letter design paper to go with it.  I love making Valentine cards.  I think it was where I started as a card marker, papers, doilies, glitter, glue, what could be better?  Add a House Mouse of course.

     For this card, I faux stitched around the outside of the design paper and distressed it with a red distress ink.  All the layers are popped with dimensional tape.  The white filigree heart die cut has been distressed with the same red ink, it was just too white for this card.  I cut the border from a heart doily and added some liquid pearls.  (Can't have a Valentine without a doily somewhere.)  The mouse was colored three times and cut into different layers and popped.  The present in the photo looks like a different shade of red, but it really blends in.  I think the layer of glitter on it changed the color for the photo.  Oh and for the letter itself, I added a little red Signo pen to the x and o's and to the kiss prints.

    I'll be back tomorrow with my next House Mouse Valentine, something in pink I think.

    This will be part of the February class at For Keepsake in St. Louis.

     I have entered this card into the House Mouse Monday Challenge HERE

Stampabilities House Mouse
Authentique Design Paper
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Sakura Gliter Pen
Stickles Gold and Red
Liquid Pearls White
Signo Red Pen
Cheery Lynn Heart Dies
Membory Box Heart Die
Stickers from Stash.
Queen & Co Adhesive Gems

14 comments:

  1. Oh Marianne, this is totally gorgeous in all those beautiful dies you've used for this adorable Valentine House-Mouse stamp. Thanks so much for joining us at HMFMC again! We really love to see your fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! So much detail. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love that little mouse image :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. This image always makes me smile. He looks fabby all popped up. All of you different heart look so nice with that romantic paper for a back drop. Thanks for joining in with us here at House Mouse & Friends this week. Can't wait to see you next card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done with this. Gives me ideas on what I want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your die cuts and the papers you have chosen to use! I love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Mary Anne :-) I love that we used the same image and love all the layered hearts and pretty details,,, lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Anne, your red and white Valentine creation is gorgeous. The doily and hearts background along with the love letter go perfectly with this sweet HM stamp. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! It was a great idea to use a love letter background with this stamp. I like all the hearts and detail you put into your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous take on the LOVE chall theme. this cute lill guy is just so sweet lovely embellies.

    Thanks for sharing with us atHouse Mouse and Friends Mon chall..

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beautiful Valentine creation, and yes the backing paper is perfect for your choise of image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends with this wonderful creation!
    I adore this sweet image and your design is beautiful :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete