Blogger Layouts

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Red Rubber Designs Inspirational #105




     I am super excited to bring you my first Red Rubber Design Inspirational post.  Today is Inspirational #105 Country Charm, create a card or project using rubber stamps that evokes a feeling of country, whether its living down on the farm or fishing in the stock pond.   For complete Inspirational Rules read HERE.

As an example, I've created this card with a French country feel.  It has the blue and white patterns of old crockery and the wonderful rooster from my new TM3383 Rise and Shine stamp set.

I began by stamping the Rooster on White Cardstock with a dark blue ink.  I then colored portions of the image and around the edges with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits.  (I almost always use pencils for coloring my images.)  I then mounted the image on more white cardstock.  I followed up with three layers of blue and white design paper that has been in my stash for quite a while matted with
white cardstock.



I finished up by stamping the Isaiah 6:3 verse from the Rise and Shine set and cutting it out and adding a border of design paper.  I curled it up a little in the middle to give some dimension and glued it over all the different layers.  I also added some blue embellishments because I thought they looked kinda country with the flowers and crochet and my favorite embellishment  ribbon.


Here's another inspiration piece by Paula-Kay.  She has used the same Rise and Shine stamp set, but it a much different way then I have.  I love all the earthy colors and organic elements.

Don't forget to share your inspiration with us on the Red Rubber Designs Blog Here

My card has been entered into:
The Cute Card Thursday Challenge Here
The Crafty Catz Challenge Here
Creative Inspiration Challenge Here
Scrap-Creations Challenge Here
Clear It Out Challenge Here

7 comments:

  1. Mary Ann, I really LOVE your card. The blue and white is such a delight! It is original and so classy! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious, these are so awesome. I am in utter awe of them and you sweetie. Wow!!! Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the blue and white and fabulous image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards - gorgeous stamp - thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE both of your cards, especially the blue. It's just beautiful and gives the feel of blue and white transfer ware.

    ReplyDelete