Blogger Layouts

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sparkling Specimens


Today, I am very excited to announce that I am now a part of the Red Rubber Designs Inspiration team.  I am in love with their stamps and honored to be working with some very talented ladies and the very gracious owner of this company.

Every Thursday, Red Rubber Designs brings you a challenge hosted by one of the ladies on the Inspiration team.  For the rules of the challenge go HERE.  The Inspirational Challenge #104, Let your Stamping Sparkle is brought to you by Drea.  You can find her post here on the Red Rubber Designs Blog.

I created my card with her challenge in mind.  I must admit, I am rather late getting it done, but I wanted to share it with all of you none the less.  I used the butterflies from Red Rubber Designs Victorian Hearts for my card.

I wanted them to feel like a framed butterfly collection so I mounted them on Premium White Cardstock which I distressed and stamped them with Stazon black Ink.  They were then colored by my favorite colored pencils and I added a ton of Icicle Stickles to them to make them really sparkle. I made two sets of the butterflies and fussy cut one set and popped them with raised wings over the other set. I also punched out a few little black butterflies for accent and smothered them in black Stickles.



     If you would like to join in on this weeks challenge just link your sparkly stamped creation HERE

This card is entered into the following challenges:

Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog Here
Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge Here
7 Kids College Fund Challenge Here

Stamps - Red Rubber Designs Victorian Hearts
K & Co Design Paper Pad
Black Card Stock
Premier White Cardstock
Stickles Icicle
Stickles Black Diamond
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Distress Ink Old Paper and Spun Sugar
Prisma Colored Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
3 M Foam Tape
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch





5 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are beautifully colored! Love how you double stamped them for great texture! Thanks for sharing with us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rich colors! The butterflies are fabulous! Thank you for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty, love the sparkle! Thanks for playing along in the SweetStamps.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those sparkly butterflies!!!! May need to add this set to my wish list! :) Lovely card!

    Also, Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete