Blogger Layouts

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Steampunk Flying Man

     Today, I have a card that's a little different for me, but when I saw the design paper, I knew just what stamp I had to use with it,   Deep Red Stamps Flying Man.  I thought the paper kind of looked like bits and pieces of gears so it just screamed Steam Punk me so as you know when I have these episodes where stamps or supplies talk to me, I listened.



     I stamped the Flying Man onto some design paper.  I thought that he would be too stark on white with the deep turquoise of the other paper.  I knew that I didn't want to color this image I wanted it to have a more vintage print look so I just stamped it in black.  I mated the image on some nice deep red to contrast with the turquoise paper and the black gears.

     Since I decided to do a steampunk card I wanted to add some gears and so I used some wonderful Spellbinder dies to create them in a variety of sizes.  All the gears are touched with some gold Stickles to give them a bit of a metallic feel.  I also added some gold Stickles to the propeller blades of the flying machine for the Flying Man.  

     The card is finished off with a few brass charms for to continue the steampunk theme.


2 comments:

  1. What a cool card!!! I love all of the gears, the keyhole, and sparkle!! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute flying man, has a nice steampunk look.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete