Blogger Layouts

Friday, January 10, 2014

Tea Garden

     Welcome to Great Impressions Friday here on Sparkly Train.  Today, I invite you to settle back and share a cup of tea with me.  With this cold snap that we've been having lately I don't think anyone will mind a nice warm cuppa.

      I am a tea cup woman.  I love beautiful tea cups.  Mugs are for coffee (my Johnny Luv's preference) or soup.  I absolutely fell in love with the beautiful F389 Elegant Tea Cup stamp from Great Impressions.  I have used it for fancy invitations to tea, for a twenty fast and furious tea/luncheon invites and just because I love all things tea.  Today's card falls into the later category.

    I learned a new technique for creating paper flowers and wanted to use them with this stamp to create something soft and beautiful.  I also received a wonderful new die from Johnny Luv that I thought would showcase this stamp beautifully.


    I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to stamp the image and then brought in some soft pastel pencil color from around the edges and let the cream paper show through.  Usually I like to fussy cut my images and pop them but not this time.  I really wanted it to seem more like an old print.   I also didn't distress the edges of anything with ink which was really different for me.  I think I finally managed that shabby chic feel I've been chasing for a while.

     Since I didn't use any glitter on this card, I had to add some sparkle, even though it's subdued, with adhesive pearls in the center of the flowers and butterflies and some liquid pearls to the lattice work and to the tea cups.  I can't give up all my vices after all.

     I'm thinking that this really needs a little sachet for teabags or maybe a tag with some tea sachets.  Then it's off to one of the ladies on my tea list.  If it's wonderful getting cards in the mail think of how special it is to get cards AND tea.  Boggles the mind doesn't it?

Great Impressions F389 Elegant Tea Cups
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Anna Griffin Design Papers
Joy Lattice Square Die
Cheery Lynn Vine Flourish Die
Marianne Leaf Die
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches
EK Success Flower Punch
Queen & Co. Adhesive Pearls
Liquid Pearls
3M Foam Tape


2 comments:

  1. beautiful card you created and I love that die cut you used too. Gorgeous work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the image and vintage feel of the card.

    ReplyDelete