Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tulips for You

     This is another Valentine House Mouse card.  This time I wanted to do something a little different so I went with a pink color scheme.  Pink tulips are a favorite of mine in the spring so I thought I would create some for this card.


    I also went just a little more grown up with this Valentine card, usually I like lots of collage bits for a valentine but I kinda kept it to a dull roar for this one.  I still have lots of hearts and lace but not so blatantly in your face.  Both of the hearts behind the focal heart are embossed and distressed with pink ink to help the design show.  The large butterflies are double punched and popped with glittery wings and that's all the glitter I put on this one.

     This is the first time I've used this stamp on a card and I have to say, I'm really liking it.  It could so easily used for any occasion, birthday, friendship, just because,  all depending on how you color the tulips and how you design the card.  I think I'd like to try this with purple tulips or maybe some of those lovely multi-colored tulips.

     I have one more Valentine House mouse for you  and that will finish off the series that I'm using in my House Mouse card class next month at For Keepsake here in St. Louis

     Don't forget to come back tomorrow, I'll have a special Red Rubber inspirational card for you then.

This card has been entered into the :
House Mouse Monday Challenge Here
Sweet Stamps Challenge Here

House Mouse by Stampabilities
Authentique  Design Paper
Spellbinder lace die for Heartfelt Creations
Spellbinder Nesting Hearts and Scalloped Hearts Die
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches
Stickles Glitter
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Queen & Co. Adhesive Pearls
Prisma Colored Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Offray Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Love all the soft pinks!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and classy are two words that come to mind seeing your Valentines Day card. I love all the different hearts and butterflies. Love the coloring job you did with this image. Thanks so much for joining us here at House Mouse & Friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this one too! So soft and pretty in delicate pink! Lovely hearts and lace and frou frou to look at, but none distracts from the sweet mice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice, your little mice are just adorable and the pink tulips are lovely...I can see why you love them! Thanks for sharing at SweetStamps.com for our lace and hearts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design. Love the variety of heart layers and the butterflies with the pearls. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mary Anne, this is a beautiful card. Love the layered hearts and of course that sweet mouse couple. Pretty pastel colors too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Mary Anne :-) the image is adorable and I love the scalloped hearts and soft pinks and creams :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft pink colors you used and how you put this one together! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete