Blogger Layouts

Friday, February 7, 2014

Creamy Dreamy Valentine

    Happy Great Impressions Friday to you.  Valentines is in the air and so I have made a Valentine that is a little different, gone are my beloved reds and pinks, sparkle and dazzle, and as many embellishments as will fit on a card.  Instead, I have a plain creamy Valentine.

      The image, Great Impressions H197 Branched Heart,  is stamped on cream paper using Sepia ink and lightly colored.  Just a hint of shimmer was added using a glitter pen.  The rest of the card is cream with just a touch of pink distress ink around the edges of the mats.  For my few embellishments; ribbons and butterflies I sponged the same pink so that it matched perfectly.  I couldn't complete resist a little bling and added to pink pearls of the same hue.



     All in all I think this came out very classy and definitely worth a stamp to mail it to my little sis.

Great Impressions Stamp H197 Branched Heart
Bazzil French Vanilla Card Stock
Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet
Archival Ink - Sepia
Martha Stewart Punches, Large and small Butterflies, Heart Doily, Ribbon Border Punch and Lattice      Prisma Pencils
Odorless Mineral Sjpirits
Sakura Glitter Pen
Oriental Trading Pearl Brads
3M Foam Tape                                    

6 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty, Mary Anne!!! LOVE the butterflies and I adore the way you've woven the ribbon! GORGEOUS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, love the shabby chic hint. I really like the lattice and how your ran the ribbon thru. Very elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! Love the soft colors! The added butterflies are perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so precious and gentle and so sweet she will love it . Love you sweetie hugs, cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet valentine. I love the little bird on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is just so beautiful with the soft colouring. Love the shabby chic feel.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete