Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 23, 2014

King of the Jelly Beans

    Here's another House Mouse card using a newly released stamp from Stampendous.  I just love how Mudpie (the mouse) has hoarded all the jelly beans.  It reminds me of my little Maltese, Pearl Estelle.  She would beg for treats when she was young over and over again and make a little pile of them in the middle of the floor for later when she wanted a little something.  Well we were given a second puppy, Opal Ann.  Opal Ann decided Pearl was piling up all those treats for her.  That ended Pearl's hoarding from then on any treat she received she swallowed as fast as she could.

Anyway, back to the card, it has some very different embellishments from what I generally use.



See what I mean, I don't think I've ever used such huge flowers on a card but they really seemed to go with the paper and I used some of the large polka dots for their centers.

You can see that I have also just slathered on the Stickles.  That pile of jelly beans sparkles from every direction.  I just love me some glitter.

Stampendous House Mouse Stamp
October Afternoon Design Paper
Prima Flowers
Turquoise generic gel pen
Crystal Stickles
Stazon Jet Black Ink
Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Prisma Colored Pencils and OMS
3M Foam Tape


9 comments:

  1. Mary Anne. I absolutely love this and yes the flowers go perfect with this card. Love, love, love it 👍💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you have used together with this cute HM image, beautiful flowers- perfect.
    Thanks for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at HM&FMC this time,
    hugs Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those flowers do go nicely with your image. This is a wonderful card. Oh, poor Mudpie look like he has eaten way too many jelly beans. I loved reading the story of your two dogs. So glad you could play along with us here at House Mouse & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love it! Great colouring and the papers are perfect. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image....and who doesn't love Stickles! Those jelly beans look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this is SO cute! Love the image but really love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    Mary Anne-this bright and cheerful creation is just ad0rable..my kind of card!!!! Wonderful layout too!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary Anne, what a bright, fun card. Love how you colored it up and your flowers looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fresh vibrant colours Mary Anne beautiful colouring fab stitching yep I can see the sparkle..lol

    Thanks for sharing with us at
    House Mouse & friends Mon. chall..


    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete