Blogger Layouts

Monday, February 3, 2014

Old Fashioned Pansies

     It's time for the monthly challenge at Great Impression and this month's challenge is Flowers.  Yep, you just have to use a floral image.  Check out all the lovely  inspiration  created by my teammates HERE on the Great Impression Blog.

    I used Great Impressions G329 Pansy Bough to create my card for the challenge inspiration.  I just love pansies and this image is a really good one to color.  It can be done in any pansy shade and I love that.  I decided to go with purple pansies this time.  I really like the color purple but it's a hard color for me to use for some reason.  This time I think it came together really well.


     I think this looks like an old fashioned card with the white frames and lace and the lovely lavender stripes.

     I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but; the pansies have been popped multiple times.  I just realized I could have popped the topmost flower petals but that probably would have been carrying things a little too far even for me.

      I used the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss embossing folder behind my image and actually ran the bottom image through the embossing folder.  This is one of my all time favorite embossing folders and I just don't ever get tired of it.  Wish I could find some nice dotted Swiss fabric again.  It used to be everywhere but I just can't find it anymore.

     To take part in this month's floral challenge at Great Impressions, just create a project that includes a floral image and then link up HERE on the Great Impressions Blog.  You could win a wonderful Great Impression stamps and badges for your own blog.

Great Impressions G329 Pansy Bough
Cheery Lynn Die
Spellbinder Die
Paper from Stash
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Dollar Store Ribbon
Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder
Stazon Jet Black Ink

2 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Mary Anne! LOVE the image and all the glorious purple! It's my fave color! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please tell me the names of the dies used?

    ReplyDelete