Blogger Layouts

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Red Rubber Designs: Inspirational #107 - Dreaming of Spring Flowers

   


     It's inspiration day at Red Rubber Designs today and the theme is Dreaming of Spring Flowers.  I have to admit, I am dreaming of spring flowers and gardens.  It's time for me to start plotting and planning this years garden.  One of the first flowers I always get to add to my flower beds are pansies, I just love their cheerful smiling faces and pretty colors.  I can never choose a favorite pansy color, they are all so pretty.

       For my Inspiration card, I used Red Rubber Designs TM1245A Pansies.  I had the hardest time choosing my color but finally settled on shades of purple and added just a touch of yellow Stickles to the centers.



     I used actually cut the stem off my stamp to create the background for this card using a masking technique.  For the central pansy image, I just added the stem back onto the pansy on the acrylic block I use for my cling mounted stamps.  I think all the frilly white frames and the matting for my focal pansy are perfect to show off all those brilliant purple pansies.

     To see all the rest of the lovely inspiration pieces created by my teammates and to share your inspiration with us head on over to the Red Rubber Designs Blog HERE.   I'm looking forward to seeing all your lovely creations for this week's #107 Dreaming of Spring Flowers Inspirational 

Martha Stewart Pansy Border Punch
Martha Stewart Jumbo Butterfly Punch
Marianne Petra's Ornament Dies
Cuttlebug Corner Die
Recollection Adhesive Pearls
Prisma Colored Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Yellow Stickles


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job showcasing those pansies!! Fabulous colors and punching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, I love it!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that purple and how you took a flower from the background and made it a centerpiece. Very clever taking off that stem!

    ReplyDelete