Blogger Layouts

Friday, February 28, 2014

Time for a Tag

     Time for Friday's Great Impression post and time for another tag.  This tag has lots of different layers.  I started with a plain packing tag and used a pray mist over a butterfly stencil to create the first layer.
The next layer was a stencil of bricks using a pearl embossing paste.  Next I distressed the edges and added some dark metallic ink to the edges.   Next layer was a bit of raveled unbleached burlap.

     Now comes the stamping bit,  I stamped the beautiful C415 Rose Time Piece 3 times and colored and layered it.  The bottom layer has gold Stickles on it and the top layer is covered in clear lacquer so it looks like a watch lens.  I stacked them up using some dimensional tape and then put it on a string of broken chain I had in my stash to look like a watch chain.


     See doesn't it just look like a pretty little pocket watch or watch necklace?

     Next up gathered a sprig of flowers and leaves and tied them with a bit of torn lace and glued them over the bleached burlap.  While rooting through my embellie box looking for the chain, I found this darling little bird so, of course, I had to add that to the sprig.  I really like how it looks like it perched there.

     I tore off a bit of scrap card stock and stamped my sentiment, D445 Patience, which I happened to think was kinda perfect for the flowers and bird and watch and stuff.  I distressed by calling it names, just kidding, with my handy dandy Tim Holtz distress thingy tool, and added some smeared glitter to the sides.  I slid it under the edge of the flower spring and thought I was done except for the torn lace for the top; But, NO, I saw the pretty pink corsage pin sitting on my desk and thought, well that would look kinda cool with the spring and yep it did so I added that and then I saw some crepe paper as I was putting away the lace and decided I would try to gather it for the bottom and yep I liked that too.  At this point, I was seeing double from pain killers (another story maybe tomorrow) and decided I was done.

Great Impression Stamps Rose Time Piece and Patience Sentiment
Manilla Packing Tag
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
Memory Box Butterfly Vine Stencil
Crafter's Workshop Brick Wall Stencil
Viva Pearlized Modeling Cream
Stickles Gold and Pink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spun Sugar
Archival Sepia Ink
Crayola Metallic Pink Marker
Prisma Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
JoAnn's Flowers, Lace, Corsage Pin
Michael's Dollar Bins (more like $2 bins) Bird Charm
Dollar Store Crepe Paper Streamer
Gold Chain - stash

Boy, that's a lot of stuff for one tag







3 comments:

  1. A lot of stuff, but OH so gorgeous! LOVE all the different elements you used and the beautiful pink! HUGS and hope you feel better soon! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fab! Love the pink and your layers of embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Art Tag, love the lacy look and the fab texture all the different elements add to your tag.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete