Blogger Layouts

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Vintage Gift Hanger

     I saw a cute little gift hanger in an old issue of Somerset Life and have been wanting to try and recreate something similar for a while so I finally sat down and gave it a try.  I have to say, I am totally pleased with how well it came out and I intend to make a few of these as gifts for my friends.

    I started with a cardboard tube that I covered with an old dictionary page.  I flattened one end and sealed it.  The next step was to dry brush some cream acrylic paint over it and then some distress inks.

   I then stamped Deep Red Stamps beautiful French Candy Label and lightly colored it with a Prisma pencil and some odorless mineral spirits.  After cutting it out, I distressed it with Old Paper and Lilac distress inks and then popped it onto a Spellbinder die cut.


     As you can see before and after I glued on the label I added treasure drove of embellishments from my white/cream embellishment drawer.  I found some beautiful paper roses which were a gift from a friend,  a bit of vintage lace from an antique store, the left over bit of wax paper from where I die cut a Cheery Lynn doily and other odd bits and pieces.  I also added some Stickles to my label to finish it up.

     The final step was to add an old bit of florists wire as a handle.  Now it's just waiting to be filled perhaps with some pretty flowers or maybe some scrumptious chocolate, or perhaps some pretty embellishments for a crafting friend, there are just so many wonderful possibilities.

Stamps - Deep Red French Candy Label
Cardboard Tube
Text from Book
Embellishments from Stash
Lavender Stickles
Old Paper, Tea Die, and Lilac Distress Ink
Stazon Jet Black Distress Ink
Floral Wire from some old Flowers
Reynolds Wax Paper
Martha Stewart Acrylic Paint
Prisma Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits

2 comments:

  1. Cute gift hanger! Love the limited colors and you've dressed it up perfectly!

    ReplyDelete