Blogger Layouts

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Rocking and Reading

     I'm sharing a card today that I recently taught in a class at For Keepsake.  This class is one I resisted teaching because, I didn't want to purchase any Happy Hopper stamps.  I have always been a House Mouse kind of girl and I have an extensive collection of the little darlings.  I knew, yes, I knew that if I ever gave in to the Happy Hoppers I would be doomed.  I didn't need another addiction.  Too late, it's started now.  The addiction has begun.

     Poor Johnny Luv is reading this post even as I type and he seems to be a bit horrified.  He has even begun quoting Dr. Suess, "I do not like these bunnies, indeed I don't. I do not like these bunnies in a boat or in a moat.  I do not like them in a card or in my yard. I don't like these bunnies no I don't."   I think he is afraid of enabling yet another addiction.  So far, aside from basic craft support, he is enabling my addictions to House Mouse, Our Daily Bread, Just Rite, Tea, and Teapots, not to mention cobalt glass, milk glass, and small white dogs.  He wants to know if anyone out there knows of a good support group?  (not that I'd actually tell him)

    At any rate, back to the bunnies, I purchased three to teach a class at For Keepsake.  This is the first one, some sweet little bunnies reading together.  It so reminds me of the days when my own little bunnies, I mean children, would all cram together in a chair to read.


     For this card, I was inspired by the vibrant colors of my design paper.  It reminds me of Mary Englebreits style, which I have always enjoyed.  I colored with my usual Prisma pencils but tried a new background technique around the image, using a multi-dot stamp from Judith Stamps.  I think it came out rather cute.

Stampendous Happy Hoppers Reading Rabbits Stamp
Judith Stamps Multidot Peg Stamp
Graphic 45 Nursery Rhyme Collection Papers
Offray Ribbon
Spellbinders Labels 30
Prisma Pencils and OMS
3M foam tape
Signo White Pen
Fine tip Black Sharpie

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow I love it, You so inspire me. this is awesome. I love the brightness of the card. It is a happy cheerful card. Thank you for sharing it. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable. Love Mary Engelbreit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and card! I love the coloring you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, love this project. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete