Blogger Layouts

Thursday, March 20, 2014

St. Patty's Day at College

     My daughter is attending college and their mascot is the owl.  I'm always on the look out for owl related bits and pieces and this month I made her a St. Patrick's day owl card with a little gumball machine to go with it.  She has always liked gum and when I saw a cute little green gumball machine while I was out shopping, I knew just who to get it for.


     As you can see, I did doll it up a little.  Now it matches the card.

    I picked up the stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps during an incredible sale.  I think it's just darling.  Green isn't a color I used much except for during March, but let me tell you I have tons of green embellishments and odds and ends.  For some reason, green embellies are always pretty.  I just need to start using them instead of hording them.


     I originally had just added glitter to the owl's eyes but then I found these yellow rhinestones sitting on my desk and thought, why not.  I liked how they looked and so they stayed.


       This has gone out in the mail to my college baby, but it hasn't arrived yet so, Violet no peeking.  Hmmm, perhaps I should have put that at the beginning of the post.

Sweet Pea Stamps
Martha Steward Around the Page Punches and Shamrock punch
Recollections Adhesive Gems
Prisma Colored Pencils and OMS
Offray Ribbon
Stickles - Green

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little hoot!!!! And I love how you decorated the gumball machine too!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only is green my favorite color, but I also LOVE owls!! This card is just SO cute!! Great idea with the gumball machine too!!

    ReplyDelete