Blogger Layouts

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Violet Cameo

    Happy Saturday and Happy Deep Red Stamp day to you.  This week I have the second in a series of cameo cards.  This one I call Violet Cameo and I'll bet you can tell why.  This is Deep Red Stamps, Cameo Nouveau.  I just love all the wonderful filigree detail around the border of the stamp and the pretty lady's silhouette with those pretty jewels.


     This is the first time I've used twinkling H20's on a card and I just love the sheen they give and the way they show all the filigree detail in this stamp.  I mixed a lavender and gold together for this dreamy cameo.  I also used the lavender H20's on the embossed portion of the rose border and the butterfly's wings.

     I couldn't resist this beautiful Violet paper when I first saw it at the store, I mean with a daughter named Violet, do you really think I would even try?  Even if I didn't have the daughter, this paper is just gorgeous.  I did add a layer of Stickles to all the light portions of the Violets and wow does it sparkle.

     I used gold wrapping paper purchased on clearance after Christmas for all my gold mats.  It's such a good deal and sooo much cheaper than gold card stock.  That leaves me more money to buy stamps.

    The border across the top is a Marianne die cut and the other die cuts are all Spellbinders.  I have quite a collection of dies now-a-days.  I remember when my Johnny Luv purchased my first Spellbinders and Cuttlebug for me.  I don't think he ever guessed what an addiction it would cause.

Deep Red Stamps Cameo Nouveau Stamp
Graphic 45 Design Paper
Gold Wrapping Paper
Spellbinder Butterfly and Circle Dies
Marianne Border Die
Twinkling H20's
Liquid Pearls Lavender
Stickles  Coffee

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning! Love all the attention to the little details. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Lovely colors. I so love silhouettes. The beads are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete