Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Red Rubber Designs Inspirational #115

     It's Red Rubber Designs Inspirational Day again and this time it is being hosted by Lynda Lindley, our team captain and fearless leader.  Here theme for this inspirational is "Masculine Birthday".  You can link up your creation HERE on the Red Rubber Designs Blog.

     For my take on the theme I created this brayered card using Red Rubber Designs Mountain Scenery stamp set.




     To create this card I masked off the top of the card and brayered the water onto the bottom of the card using Stream and Pesto Adirondack inks.  After that I masked the bottom of the card and brayered the sunset sky using Sunshine, Peach Bellini and Rust Adirondack Inks.  Next I used Archieval Black Ink to Stamp my image using the Mountain Scenery Stamps which I colored in with a black brush tipped pin.  The next step was to stamp my Happy Birthday sentiment using Red Rubber Designs Sophisticated Sentiments.  Finally I sponged black ink around the edges of the scene and added a touch of white to the water and sentiment.

     After creating my scene, I added some punched photo corner, matted the scene onto black cardstock and then onto a navy blue card.

     This card will go into my stash for the next masculine birthday that comes up.  I never seem to have enough masculine cards in my stash anymore.

     This card is entered into the following challenge:

Everybody Art Challenge

     Don't forget to share you inspiration with us at Red Rubber Designs HERE.

Red Rubber Designs Mountain Scenery and Sophisticated Sentiments 
Bazzil Card Stock
Adirondack Inks
Archival Black Ink
Sharpie White Paint Pen
3M Foam Tape

 

3 comments: