Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Red Rubber Inspirational #114 Spring

     Over on the Red Rubber Designs Blog it's time for another Thursday Inspirational.  This time my teamie, Kendra is the hostess with the mostest and her theme is Spring.

     I have made a card for her inspirational and I am really excited to share it with you.   I think this card looks a little different from my usual card.


     I used the Red Rubber Designs Hope Perches stamp set.  As you cans see I stamped the nest as my central image.  I used Distress Inks for the image and colored it in with some more distress inks.  After that I serious distressed the image and added some gold embossing in smudges and some gold and distress inks to it.  Finally I added a tiny gold dragonfly brad to secure some fluffy duck feathers (a gift from my brother).

     The image was then popped on top of some mesh ribbon and jute twine that I unraveled and glued to a bit of turqouise paper that I also distressed and added gold ink too.  I cut the paper to look like a wall hanging and added a bit of twig from my shrubs.

     Next I used two of the tiny bird stamps from the same Hope Perches stamp set and stamped them with Broken China Distress Ink over a piece of cream card stock.  I then sponged more ink around the edges.  I mounted this too another bit of turqouise paper.

   After looking at it, I decided I needed a little something more so I rooted through my embellie boxes and found another longer duck feather and a pretty sort of realistic looking butterfly.  The final step was to spritz the entire card with Tattered Angels Leather colored Glimmer Mist.

     I think the entire card has a lovely artsy-nature look that really captures the feeling of Spring.

This card has been entered into the following challenges:

Chrisma Cards Challenge
Paper Crafting Journeys 
Paper Pals Arts
Craft Crazy
Stampin for the Weekend
Sugar Creek Hollow
Sunshine Mail

Red Rubber Designs Hope Perches Stamp Set
K&Co. Butterfly and Turqouise Design Paper
Bazzil Cream Puff Cardstock
Distress Inks, Scattered Twigs, Peeled Paint, Broken China
Tsukineko Gold Pigment Ink
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist - Leather
Dragonfly Brad, Jute Twine, and Gold Mesh - Stash
3M Foam Tape
Duck Feathers and Firebush Twig



10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love everything about this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey..Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love the banner hung on the twig, so clever. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous work of art! You've really captured the essence of nature! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Thanks for joining us at Sunshine Mail Challenge. Princess - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is what I call a work of art from the heart! Stunning! Thanks for playing in the Pals Paper Art Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully vintage card, great stamping and textures! Thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, great little image and finished off perfectly with the feather. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend And Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is stunning, absolutely love the vintage elements and your layout and design is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete