Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Shabby Pink

    I am really tickled pink to share some ATC's I made for a swap with you today.  I wanted to try for a shabby atc and wasn't sure I would be able to pull it off, but it came out better than I ever imagined.

   I started with some white card stock which I sprayed with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in pink and glacier blue.  When that tried I added a layer of stenciling using some gold paste.  Next came some cream acrylic paint which I dry brushed on top of everything and then wiped off sort of.  The next layer was some more Glimmer mists in a green shade which really looked spiffy on the brick.

   OK, once I had my base I needed to figure out what to put on it.  I ransacked my embellishment and color drawers and came up with some antique lace, stickers, metal keys and odds and ends and some paper roses.  I painted all the metal bits with the same acrylic paint and then went to town.

   No two look quite the same.  I had a hard time deciding which one to keep for myself and finally let my baby Geisha choose for me.

  Here are all five of the ATC's I made.







     I kept the third one and mailed off the other 4 ATC's for the trade.  I think that whoever gets them should be content.  I always worry when I'm in a trade that my stuff won't be good enough.

   Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.  I don't say it often, but I am grateful for everyone of you that stops to take a look.  I also want to thank those of you that take the time to comment.  I treasure each and every comment that I receive.  Blessings be to all of you.

5 comments:

  1. Those are pretty awesome. The only thing that could have improved them is if there was PURPLE in them. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you have to worry that your stuff won't be good enough. They are all works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly beautiful, Mary Anne. I always love seeing your creations. Some day, I will take a shot at shabby chick, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...these are sooo gorgeous!!! I just love all the shabby details you added especially the distressing, lace, and flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! awesome! I do not have any to trade at the moment!:(

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete