Blogger Layouts

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Graduate

     Here's an easy House Mouse card I made up for a class and for a certain child I have graduating this year (Ha! to both of my Grads both of you have green in your class colors so neither of you know who is getting this)  I used some simple black and white graduation paper and added green pencil over some of the words and green sSickles to make it work for our school colors.  The little mouse is in black since that is traditional for many graduation classes.  I made his tassel green to match our school as well.

Because we always have to have tassels for graduation I created one for the side of the card using DMC embroidery floss. It's inexpensive and almost tasseled to the perfect size as it comes in it's wrapper.

The mouse was of course colored twice and popped up once.  The bottom mouse has been dry embossed to give the card more interest.  Do you ever find that you really need a white background but it's just to starkers for your card?  That's when I start hitting the embossing folders.  It always seems to be an easy fix.

House Mouse - Stampabilities - The Graduate
Paper - Graduate by Reminisce
Prisma Color Pencils and OMS
DMC Embroider Floss
Green Stickles
Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder
Black Bazzil Card Stock

2 comments:

  1. What a super cute graduation card...the little HM image is adorable and I love the tassel you created...what a genius idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete