Blogger Layouts

Friday, April 25, 2014

Under the Sea

     That song from "The Little Mermaid" keeps playing in my head, Under the sea, under the sea....
I have been humming it while I made today's Great Impressions card, a scene under the sea.


     I started this card by stamping and masking three different Great Impression stamps; Sea Turtles,  E651 Sea Anemones and Swimming Turtles.  Next I used a brayer to create my sea floor and my sea using several different dye inks.  After brayering, I stamped in the sea floor using Great Impressions Sea Shore Stamp.  

    After all that brayering and stamping I started coloring in my images, using my fav Prisma pencils.  I made several extra images so that I could pop all the turtles, some twice, as well as the flowering anemones and some shells.  I added in some white highlights using a white paint pen and then added some crystal Stickles and some shimmer with my glitter pen. I then inked the edges with some dark brown ink and called it done.

     The final step was to pop the scene and mat it onto a piece of turquoise blue paper.

Great Impression Stamps Sea Turtles
                                         Swimming Turtles
                                         Sea Anemones
                                         F270 Sea Shore
Adirondack Ink Stream
                          Caramel
                          Espresso
                          Buttersotch
                          Denim
                          Pitch Black
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Stickls Crystal
Sakura Glitter Pen Clear Star
Sharpie Fine White Paint Pen
3M Foam Tape
Generic Card stock

3 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING, friend! LOVE the detail and amazing coloring! HUGS and have a great weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY! Such a great card with super coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!!! Fabulous stamping and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete