Blogger Layouts

Thursday, May 22, 2014

More Precious Than Pearls



    Today is the day for another Inspirational Card using Red Rubber Designs wonderful stamps. The theme for for Inspirational #121 is More Precious Than Pearls.  We want you to use pearls somewhere on your project, an image, adhesive pearls, liquid pearls or if you are living in a tax bracket way beyond mine real pearls.

   For more information on this Inspirational stop by Red Rubber Designs Blog HERE for more information and more wonderful inspiration.

   For this card, I used one of my very favorite Red Rubber Design's stamps, Who Am I.  I just fell in love with the image and the sentiment.  I used a couple of different techniques to create this card, paper piecing, gamsol magic, and popping different bits of the image.  I also added quite a bit of shimmer using a Sakura glitter pen on the dress, I think it makes it look like organdy and gives it a translucent quality.  I also used the glitter pen, as well as a gold ink pen, on the sentiment and the bee. I used liquid pearls to my image giving her a necklace, bracelet and ring as well as some pretty pink pearls on the crown.

   I think you can see where I added the adhesive pearls, I went a little crazy with them, but I just love pearls and couldn't seem to stop myself.


Here's an angled view to see the layers.  I almost always use Scotch Foam Tape between layers.



Finally, here is a close up of the main image.  You can see more clearly where I added gold pen to the fourish, crown, bee and sentiment.


Don't forget we want to be inspired by you. So link up your creation HERE.

This card has been entered into the
  Pile It On Challenge 
ABC Challenge
Oh-La-La Creations Challenge
Clear It Out Challenge
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Crafty Creations Challenge
7 Kids College Fund Challenge


Red Rubber Designs Stamp Who I AM
Prima Design Papers
Stazon and Memento Black Inks
Distress Inks Peeled Paint and Spun Sugar
Gold Gel Pen
Pink and Platinum Liquid Pearls
Sakura Glitter Pen
Love to Scrap Adhesive Pearls
Cheery Lynn Die Vine Flourish

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! lol LOVE the design! So beautiful! Love the added pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of pearls. Lovely embellished card! You do very pretty work, Mary Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is gorgeous - I have this stamp too and I love what you did with it - lovely. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done!! I love all of your pearls especially the ones you added as jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL what a fun sentiment and amazing card, this is fab
    Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh La La this week
    Anne
    x
    OLL DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design such soft colours and all those pearls, but that sentiment is so good. I know how she feels. Thank you for joining in our quotations challenge at Ooh La La

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your image and sentiment! The pearls are the perfect touch! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile it On!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with a lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous, love the soft colours and all your elements. Many thanks for sharing with us over at ABC Challenges. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love how you even added detail to her necklace. This is lovely! Thanks for joining our vintage/pearl challenge at the Clear it out blog. See you Tuesday for a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love those pearls and I don't think you went OTT - beautiful! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my Inspirational entry - so very kind of you so thank you very much! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is soooo gorgeous! The details are amazing! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card and I love your embellishments. thanks for joining our challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete