Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

True Grit

     This month at For Keepsake in St. Louis I will be teaching a card class featuring a faux leather technique and cards featuring John Wayne and an antique saddle.  I think this is going to be a very popular class, afterall, who's husband, father or brother doesn't love "The Duke"?

     Here are pics of the cards for the upcoming class.  The first is a trifold card banded with an authentique western concho.



     This card opens up into a triptyche of John Wayne featuring a stamp of the Duke portraying Rooster Cogburn from True Grit.


     The second card features a antique western saddle again using the faux leather technique.


    If you are interested in taking part in this class, please contact For Keepsake.  If you are not in the area and would like to purchase a card get please contact me.   rohjr@sbcglobal.net 

Stamps Red Rubber Designs 
Bazzill Card Stock
3 M Foam Tape
Distress Inks: Vintage Photo
                        Tea Dye
                        Walnut
Offray Brown Satin Ribbon 
Sizzix Embossing Folder




5 comments:

  1. OMG! The card is definitely A++++. Love the tooled leather look.
    John Wayne is awesome too. Congrats on a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped over to say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my butterfly card. Whilst here I have really enjoyed looking at your beautiful creations. The underwater scene is fabulous and I love those HM mices! I had to look up what an authentique concho is but hey I learned something new today! Thank you very much, lovely comments always make my day! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add that this is blooming awesome! It really looks like real leather - love it! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This faux leather is wonderful. I need to try it again. The card is superb, as well.

    ReplyDelete