Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Unfurled Mouse

     I have another House Mouse card for you today.  It's another patriotic themed card using the Flags Unfurled House Mouse stamp.  This is another stamp that my sweet Johnny Luv purchased for me.  (There is a reason the kids call him Captain America.)  For this patriotic House Mouse, I chose to go with a more countrified Americana theme and used gingham, flowers and paper lace to create a representation of the American Flag.


     This card has lots of sparkle that just doesn't show up in a photo.  I stickled almost every edge in red and added red centers to the white flowers as well.

      To make sure that the start on the American Flag were visible after coloring with my Prisma pencils I went over the stars with a white paint pen.  (I cannot say enough good things about Sharpie's Fine Tip White Paint Pen.)

     This is going to be part of a House Mouse Patriotic Card Class at For Keepsake on June 4th.  This class promises to be lots of fun and there are still some openings left if you are interested.  Just give For Keepsake a call and get signed up.  If you would like to see the cards in person they are on display at the store.

This card was entered into the
Stampendous Monthly Challenge HERE
Paper Take Weekly Challenge HERE
Sweet Stamps Challenge HERE
House Mouse Monday Challenge HERE

House Mouse - Stampabilities - Flag Unfurled
Prisma Pencils and OMS
White Sharpie Paint Pen
Red Stickles
3M Foam Tape
Micheal's silk flowers
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Spellbinder Nestabilities Label 13
Design Paper - Pebbles Americana

6 comments:

  1. OH I love it. The lace for the white stripes is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Mary Ann, I nearly crack my cheeks smiling every time I check out your blog. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Mary Anne! Super coloring and the flag is wonderful along with the red gingham! Great design.

    Thanks for playing along with the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this patriotic card and the whole design of it. Gingham was a great choice, as well as the lacey white strips. Of course, the HouseMouse image steals the show as the main focus. Great card and thanks for sharing with us and entering it into the current HouseMouse challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just GORGEOUS! What else can I say? Love it! Lx

    ReplyDelete