Blogger Layouts

Thursday, August 7, 2014

key to Life

Here's a pretty card that I really like.  I used Heartfelt images and flowers again.  This one is also part of a card class at For Keepsakes this month so if your interested check out their website for info HERE


I love this color palette as I guess you can tell since you see this pretty aqua and peach show up on my cards fairly often.  This time I embossed my images in gold .  The leaves behind the key are colored but then are difficult to see.  The heart is shaped and then popped and the key is layered and popped also.  I only used two flowers on this card since more just seem to overwhelm the image.  What I really like is the ruffled border behind the central image.  I think I might like to try it on a scrapbook layout.

The gold border on the aqua layer is created using Christmas paper.  I bought a roll of gold paper about 5 years ago now and whenever I need a gold border or piece of gold paper I use it.  I find it works great although sometimes I back it with cheap card stock for strength.  I haven't tried it in an really intricate dies.  I don't think it would really work in that application.

Heartfelt - Journey of Love Keys Precut Stamp Set
                 Majestic Morning Die
Carta Bella - Moments and Memories Paper collection
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Tsukineko Gold Pigment Ink
Recollections Adhesive Gems
Hug Snug Seam Binding
Spellbinders Border Die
Gold Wrapping Paper


No comments:

Post a Comment