Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blue Glass Blessings

     This is my final post for Our Daily Bread Designs as a guest designer and I think this is my favorite card.  I love cobalt glass and I couldn't resist trying to recreate a cobalt bottle using Our Daily Bread Designs apothecary bottles.  I first stamped the bottle with black ink then colored in the cork with brown pencils and finally I filled in the bottle with a bright blue crystal lacquer.  I added a label using Our Daily Bread Designs Joy in a Jar stamp set.  I am tickled with the result.


      This card has lots of layers and the bottle has been popped and shaped.  It truly does look like real glass.  I think I'm going to keep it around for a while with my collection of blue glass.  

     Here's a side view of some of the layers. The top embossed layer has had ribbon glued to the back so that it appears to be ruffled.  


     The idea of blessings in a bottle makes me smile.  I have been so abundantly blessed that all my many blessings could never fit into a bottle but the thought of sharing blessings by the bottle or canning blessings for pantry gifts would be so fun.

Our Daily Bread Designs Apothecary Bottles
Our Daily Bread Deisgns Joy in a Jar Stamp Set
Queen and Company Bling
Studio G Adhesive Shapes
Stazon Black Ink
Saphire Distress Ink
Martha Stewart border punch
Paper and Ribbon from Stash
Crystal Lacquer Blue
3M Foam Tape
Anna Griffin embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary Anne, I too love cobalt glass, and this truly looks like a real bottle! It's gorgeous, and I love how you've given is shape and popped it on the beautiful layers! Stunning card! Thanks for sharing such beautiful cards this month. It's been a joy and a blessing! Wishing you a blessed new year as you bless others! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh your cobalt blue bottle came out spectaculary!!! I love what you did with this set and the lovely layout!!!

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, great colours , very gorgious image and I love the blue bottle and the way you placed it on the card!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete