Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Snowy Cardinal

     Here is my second card for Our Daily Bread Designs.   This time I have created a Christma shaker card for you using Our Daily Bread Design's Cardinal Single.

    It has been a long time since I have created a shaker card and this one is one of my favorites.


     I used colored pencils and a gamsol technique to color the image and added bits of snow to the branches using a white paint pen.  The snow is white glitter that looks, to my mind, just like the real think.

     Our Daily Bread Design's 6x6 Winter Collection 2014 was used for the three design papers.  Each layer and the corner details were edged with a gold pen to make them stand out against the background paper.  I really like this design paper since it appears to sparkle without any glitter.  Of course, I couldn't resist and did add a layer of crystal Stickles to the layer surrounding the cardinal.

     I always think of my mother when I see a cardinal and although she has been gone three years now.  I still feel her presence around me and know she would appreciate this pretty cardinal.

Our Daily Bread Designs  Cardinal Single Stamp
                                          6x6 Winter Collection Paper Pad
Prisma Colored Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Sharpie Gold Pen
             White Paint Pen
Stickles Crystal
Sulyn Crystal Glitter
3M Foam Tape

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Mary Anne.. I love the design paper and the beautiful corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and elegant and I love that you made it a fun interactive card as well. This is a card that will be loved by all ages.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. I love how you layered it and the absolutely beautiful focus on the Cardinal. Love it Sweetie. hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mary Ann, what a gorgeous card! I absolutely love cardinals, and you have made this one "shine" in all his beauty with the wonderful designer paper, your fabulous coloring, and the great layout! And I love that you made it a shaker card! Stunning! Hugs, and wishing you a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete