Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Prima Doll Pennant "Scribbler"

    Here's the second of my Prima Dolly Pennants.  This one really is about my baby girl.  She loves writing, fountain pens, ink and all things connected to writing.  Now, being a paper crafter, I love colored pens and papers, cards and letters so this really tickles me.  She has me interested in using a fountain pen now, so I guess I'm going to have to go out and get one to write to her at college.  Here grandfather has the most beautiful penmanship I have ever seen.  He has old school Spencerian and still uses a fountain pen himself.  He gave her one the other day from his desk.  It wasn't anything special to him just one of his pens, turns out the darn thing is worth several thousand.  Geez.  Someday, I'll have to post a pic of his desk.  I hope I inherit it.  It's an antique roll top that he brought back from Spain.  It's huge and has all sorts of wonder cubbies and drawers.

   Now onto today's project.

    I wish I had some Fountain pen tips to add to this, but since I didn't I just added some die cut fountain pens and a stamped piece for an old fountain pen add.   I had fun just doing a little collage to the background of this pennant. It was the first time I really was able to root through my purple embellie drawer in a long time.

   Now, this dolly doesn't actually look like my baby girl, but it does dress the same way so she is kinda special to me.


     And the close up

 
    I added some pearl buttons using liquid pearls and white paint pen for the lace trim.  The head band is shimmer from using a Sakura glitter pen.

     For those of you that aren't aware, Today is Anna Griffin day on HSN.  I LOVE her products.  She has the BEST embossing folders and her dies are gorgeous, not to mention her papers.  MY wonderful mother-in-law,  Marvelous Margret, will be spoiling me by purchasing whatever I want so I am really, really having a good day.


1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome . I love this idea and she is so,going to enjoy these . Love them sweetie

    ReplyDelete