Blogger Layouts

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Scrapbooking with Anna G

     Now that my studio is up and running.  I decided it was time to tackle a major project, sorting years of photographs that have been accumulating under my bed in storage boxes.  They were just piled in higlty piglty and in no paticular order, ok no order just there.   I rounded up my daughters and the four of us spend 5 hours sorting with only a little bit of sidetracking - oooh, I remember this, aahh look at this it's so cute.... I now have 9 photo boxes stuffed but in a usable order.

 Understand this has nothing to do with the thousands of photos on the computer.  That is another project, but hey this years theme  is organization.  I will get to those.

At any rate, I couldn't wait to scrap something.  I chose a few photos and took them to my desk and then decided not to use any of them.  I was going through my Anna Griffin paper stash, when I saw a beautiful paper that just wanted to go with a picture that has been on my fridge for over a year.  The paper had spoken, I never argue with my supplies, people look at me funny.

 I used Anna G papers, 12" embossing folders, die cuts and inks to create this fun layout.   I love Anna G products and I'm expecting a big shipment any day with my latest HSN order.  I even started following her Facebook page and actually commenting there, something I don't often do.

At any rate, here is my scrapbook page of my beautiful Violet.  She is a no nonsense kind of young woman.  She isn't fussy and frou-frou so I kept her page rather simple.  That and the fact that I used and 8x10 photo which took up a lot of paper real estate.


     I use my card making skills when I scrapbook.  I love layers and detail so I bring those to my scrapbook pages.  For this page I cut my background down to 11 3/4" so that I could have a cream patterned mat that matched my pages.  I like mats. I think they give a project a finished polish.  I embossed a panel of design paper using a 12" embossing folder I inked the embossing and edges and then faux stitched it.  Next I popped it on top of a patterned mat with a gold border than added an embossed trim edge. It finished the panel with a pretty die cut.

     The picture is on a patterned mat that has the edges inked and I ran the same edge around the edges of my photo.

     The journal oval is two bits of scrap from the other papers and they are both edged one in gold one in green ink. When I put the ovals together, I popped them with a bit of foam tape. I used my printer to create the sentiment. Finally a pretty bow and some flowers finished it off.

     The page really did look finished at this point, but I always like a little sparkle so I tried adding a few rhinestones to one side which looked good to of course I had to try the other side; still looking good.  I couldn't seem to stop myself so I tried some tiny yellow roses to match the sentiment and really think they finished this page off perfectly.

         Now that I have given you the low down on the page, I just have to add a bit about my horsie baby.   Violet graduated from William Woods College here in Missouri and 3 days later was off to Florida to work at a Grand Prix farm.  She has returned home for a short spell before she heads off to her next horse adventure.  During the time she worked.  She lost so much weight that she looks like a different person.  I am as proud as I can be of my girl.  She is living her dream.  She is hard working, ethical, caring and responsible. I couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

  1. I love this scrapbooking page. It is so bright and so cheerful. I love horses too so this really makes me happy. I love the edging this of the little roses and the Way this page simply owners her and makes her the spotlight. Your work is so amazing. I just love seeing it.

    ReplyDelete