Blogger Layouts

Monday, February 2, 2015

Manly Valentine

     I was playing with my new Anna Griffin mix and match embossing folders last night and created this monochromatic valentine for one of my manly men.  I used the the same embossing folder for the top three layers just cut out each bit and popped it with some dimensional foam tape and used one of Anna Griffins gorgeous Valentine embossing folders for the background and a smooth mat to frame everything.

    The Valentine started with a lovely deep red card stock.  After embossing I brushed it with gold ink and then distressed it with black ink for a wonderful depth in color.  A few dark red rhinestones with a dark tint to them were added to bring in some brightness and then a bow was added using a bit of red organdy ribbon with some gold flecks that was again distressed with black ink for a perfect match with the card stock.



I really like the aged feel of this card.  These embossing folders really lend themselves to this technique.  I'm thinking I might want to try a tin ceiling inspired card next.

No comments:

Post a Comment